Posted by: thepinetree on 04/15/2016 01:30 PM
Updated by: thepinetree on 04/15/2016 01:30 PM
Expires: 01/01/2021 12:00 AM
CNPS Plant Sale Reminder & Forest Service Tree Give-Away In San Andreas
San Andreas, CA...This year’s Spring Native Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, April 16, from 10a.m. to 1 p.m. It will be held on the grounds of the Calaveras County Water District located off of Pool Station Road in the Reed Business Park, in San Andreas. We will have the same selection of rare high quality plants for sale as well as a fine selection of books and material that every gardener and native plant lover should have in their personal library.
Directions to the Calaveras County Water District Building at 120 Toma Court, San Andreas: Take HWY 49 to San Andreas. Turn left onto Pool Station Road, and go 2 miles; turn left on George Reed Road. Turn left on Toma Court. CCWD is on the corner of George Reed and Toma Court.
For more information, please contact Judy Dean at 209-754-5887.
FOREST SERVICE GIVES AWAY CONIFER SEEDLINGS
AT CNPS PLANT SALE & GROVELAND DISTRICT OFFICE
The Stanislaus National Forest will be donating conifer seedlings to property owners at two locations this weekend. The attached flyers provide the dates, times and locations of the give-aways. The trees are surplus to the Forest’s needs for 2016. Here is some additional information:
• The trees are for homeowners/landowners
• Up to 50 trees per property owner
• They are not to be sold by the recipients
• The trees are complements of a partnership between the Arbor Day Foundation, National Forest Foundation and the US Forest Service
• Information sheets on how to plant the trees will be available at the distribution site
• The seedlings are “plugs” (roots in potting soil, not bare root) and should be planted as soon as possible.
Please share this information with your family, friends and colleagues. There are a lot of trees to be given away.