Posted by: John_Hamilton on 01/19/2013 12:35 PM
Updated by: John_Hamilton on 01/19/2013 12:35 PM
Expires: 01/01/2018 12:00 AM
Angelina “Angie” Whittle 1914 - 2013
Angels Camp, CA...Angelina “Angie” Whittle died January 17, 2013 at Foothill Village in Angels Camp, California. She was 98. Angie was born to Giovanni and Cirilla Antone on November 25, 1914 in Tuttletown, California, near Mark Twain’s cabin. She was the second of five children born to Italian immigrants. She began school in Tuttletown, speaking only Italian and later helped her parents learn English so they could study to become American citizens. She attended Jamestown Elementary and graduated from Sonora High School in 1932...
She married Clenn Whittle on May 7, 1933. She and her husband raised their two boys and made their living as cattle ranchers. They spent summers in the Stanislaus Forest on their range near Crabtree Camp in Tuolumne County until 1968. They lived on their ranch near Angels Creek , south of Angels Camp, until 1975 when the ranch was purchased by the federal government in order to build Melones Dam. They then built a home in Angels Camp and moved to town.
Angie was active in the local chapter of the Cowbelles. She and her husband enjoyed traveling throughout the west and to Canada and Alaska. A highlight of their retirement years was a European cruise to celebrate their fiftieth wedding anniversary. Angie was a loyal San Francisco Giants fan and loved to play card games, especially poker and pedro.
Mrs. Whittle was preceded in death by her husband of 62 years, Clenn; her son, Clenn Junior; daughter in law, Joanne; and brothers, Pete, Louie, and Joe. She is survived by her son, Loren, of Angels Camp; sister, Marian Thym of Jamestown; grandson, Bruce Whittle (Karen) of Angels Camp; granddaughter, Jeanne Stiers (Bill) of Pleasanton; seven great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at Angels Memorial Chapel at 11a.m. on Saturday, January 26. There will be a reception to follow at Angels Gun Club. Donations can be made to your favorite charity.
|Comments - Make a comment
|The comments are owned by the poster. We are not responsible for its content. We value free speech but remember this is a public forum and we hope that people would use common sense and decency. If you see an offensive comment please email us at email@example.com
Posted on: 2013-01-19 19:27:36
Hi Bruce and Karen, What a wonderful heritage your Grandma has left you. Hoping you have the most wonderful memories of your Grandma and how fortunate you are to have had her in your life for so man;y years. Sincerely, Jim and Rosie Hagaman
|These might interest you as well
phpws Business Directory
- Frank Donald Clark “Don” 1941-2014
- Zarmite Zommers from Mississauga Ontario Loses Her Life & Major Injures...
- Paul Joseph Flynn October 17, 1963 - August 15, 2014
- Doris May (Huskey) Wilson Passed Away Sept. 4, 2014. She was 88
- Joyce Ellen Hacker October 8, 1958 – July 30, 2014
- In Loving Memory of Robert Lee Huntsinger, 1956~2014
- In Loving Memory of John Vincent Vierra, 1923~2014
- The Vernon Roy DeValle Family Says THANK YOU!
- Ralph Fuente Jr. January 8, 1939 - Augurst 12th, 2014
- Lillian May (McFarlane) Day May 30, 1911 - July 29, 2014
- Archie Lee Barnett Sr. 1942 - 2014
- Robin McLaurin Williams July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014 Dies From A...
- D. Harold Denny Father, Grandfather, Great-Grandfather 1932 - 2014
- Rosary Tonight & Funeral Tomorrow For Vernon Roy DeValle 81
- Jonelle Ghirardelli Tiffany - 7/14/1987 - 7/25/2014
- Carole Anne Langworthy 1947 - 2014
- Don Miller 1932 - July 24, 2014
- Services For Bobby Allen Abo Will Be August 15th
- Roger Joel Test - June 25, 1946 – July 20, 2014
- Evalyn "Jan" Janece Doggett - 1932 - 2014